The Center for Advanced Heart Failure at the Keck Medical Center of USC draws on innovative technology, leading-edge medical and surgical interventions and decades of experience to provide patients with individualized assessment and care in the evaluation and treatment of advanced heart failure.
Our approach involves a multidisciplinary team composed of multiple specialists with expertise in treating patients with heart failure and cardiomyopathy including:
- Cardiologists (Advanced Heart Failure-Transplant, Electrophysiology, Interventional Cardiology)
- Cardiac surgeons with expertise in heart transplant, mechanical circulatory support, minimally invasive surgery
- Advanced Practice Cardiac Nurses
- Infectious disease specialists
- Social workers
- Financial services representatives
The care team meets regularly and all patients are carefully evaluated to identify the best available treatment options and interventions, including:
The care team works with patients and referring physicians to optimize patients’ health, striving to provide exceptional care and outcomes. We place value on our relationship with the referring physician and are committed to excellent communication to foster high quality continuity of care.