Clinical Trials Available at USC Department of Neurosurgery
Brain Cancer Studies
For more information on the clinical trial, please follow the study link or contact us.
- NovoCure: A Prospective, Multi-center Trial of NovoTTF-100A Together With Temozolomide Compared to Temozolomide Alone in Patients with Newly Diagnosed GBM — Watch NovoCure video in WMV format or in MPG format
- RTOG-8205: Phase III Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial of Conventional Concurrent Chemoradiation and Adjuvant Temozolomide Plus Bevacizumab Versus Conventional Concurrent Chemoradation and Adjuvant Temozolomide in Patients with Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma
- USC CNS Repository: Establishment of USC CNS and Spine Tumor Bank
- ERC: Tissue, Collection, Storage, and Distribution
- A Prospective, Concurrently-controlled, Multi-center Pivotal Clinical Trial for INFUSE® Bone Graft with the CAPSTONE® Spinal System and Posterior Supplemental Fixation for the Treatment of One-level or Two-level Symptomatic Advanced Degenerative Disease of the Lumbosacral Spine Utilizing a Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF) Approach
- Minimally invasive transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (MIS-TLIF) versus open transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF): Comparison of post-surgical paraspinal muscle atrophy, muscle fatigability, and functional outcomes between the two techniques
- Synthes: Use of chronOS for spinal fusion after decompression for lumbar stenosis
- The Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes of Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Using A Novel Stand-Alone Interbody Fusion Device - (ROI-A) A prospective, non-randomized multi-centered study.
- ChronOS Stability Study: For Metastatic Cancer
- DuraSealTM Spine Sealant System Post-Approval Study
- A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study to Evaluate the Efficacy, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of SUN13837 Injection in Adult Subjects with Acute Spinal Cord Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury
- BHR SyNAPSe: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase 3 Study to Investigate the Efficacy and Safety of Progesterone in Patients with Severe Traumatic Brain Injury.
America Study – A multi-center, prospective, observational registry of patients undergoing endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms. The registry evaluates the anatomic occlusion of aneurysms immediately post-procedure and uses the Axium MicroFx Detachable Coils. Trial Sponsor: Micro Therapeutics, Inc., dba ev3 Neurovascular.
- Enterprise Stent (FDA-Humanitarian Use Device (HUD))- This is a stent used to assist in endovascular coil embolization of wide-necked intracranial aneurysms ,ruptured and un-ruptured . Sponsor – Codman
- GEL-THE-NEC Study – A post-market, clinical registry evaluating the safety, ease of use, and efficacy of the HydroSoft Coil as a finishing device, used in the treatment of intracranial aneurysms. Trial Sponsor: Microvention Terumo.
- Onyx HD-500 (FDA-Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) – A non-adhesive liquid embolic agent used for embolization of large and giant, wide-necked aneurysms. Sponsor- Ev3 Neurovascular
- PAC Study – Registry to assess angiographic outcomes of endovascular treatment of large and giant aneurysms using Cerecyte and Presidio coils
- The Neuroform Microdelivery Stent (HUD) - This is a stent used to assist in the endovascular coil embolization of wide-necked intracranial aneurysms. Boston Scientific
- Wingspan Stent System with Gateway PTA Balloon Catheter(HUD) – indicated in use for improving cerebral artery lumen in patients with intracranial atherosclerotic disease, refractory to medical therapy in intracranial vessels with greater than or equal to 50% stenosis that are accessible to the system. Boston Scientific
Studies in Development
- ACRIN 6684 - Multicenter, Phase II Assessment of Tumor Hypoxia in Glioblastoma Using 18F-Fluoromisonidazole (FMISO) With PET and MRI