The Bariatric Surgery Program at Keck Hospital of USC is dedicated to helping people lose weight and regain hope. For more than 15 years, we have been empowering patients to improve their health and self-esteem so they can live more active and satisfying lives. If you are more than 100 lbs overweight, we may be able to help you as well.
Bariatric surgery is an efficient, life-changing approach for patients who have failed traditional weight loss methods.
In our Center of Excellence, we use a comprehensive approach that includes behavior modification, dietary counseling, exercise management and procedures performed by pioneering surgeons. Their expertise will assist you in selecting the surgical option that is right for you.
Program services include:
- In-depth educational seminar
- Active support groups
- Peer insight and encouragement
- Intense physical evaluation
- Nutrition counseling
- Postoperative visits and calls
- Commitment to long-term follow up
- Laboratory testing and monitoring
- Nutrition and exercise guidance
- Behavior modification exercises
- Psychological evaluation
- Surgery education
Strengths of the program:
- World-class expertise in laparoscopic techniques
- Academic surgeons up to date in the most current research
- Dedicated 24/7 team
- Focus on surgical safety